The Hellsing Organization, a secret branch of the British government, has long been battling supernatural threats to keep the people safe from creatures of the night. Its current leader, Sir Integra Hellsing, controls her own personal army to eliminate the undead beings, but even her highly trained soldiers pale in comparison to her most trusted vampire exterminator, Alucard, who is actually a powerful vampire himself. Along with Integra's mysterious butler and Alucard's new vampire minion, Seras Victoria, the Hellsing Organization must face not only regular ghouls and vampires, but a rivaling secret branch of the Vatican and an mysterious group of madmen spawned by a certain war over 50 years ago.
The original Hellsing manga by Kouta Hirano ran 10 volumes, finishing in 2008. The Hellsing anime followed a different storyline, but with the same main characters. The dub ran in the United States from October 4, 2003 to December 27, 2003 on Starz!'s Encore Action cable channel. The Hellsing OVA started at 2006, once completed will features 10 Episodes and, unlike the anime, it follows the manga more closely.
Who We Are
This is the Hellsing Wiki, a wiki that was created to share information about the Hellsing series created by Kouta Hirano, including the manga, the anime, the OVA, and Hellsing: The Dawn. Our goal is to accumulate as much solid information about the Hellsing series, its characters, its plot, ect. as possible.
In other words, we are a Wikipedia for Hellsing. A wiki works just like Wikipedia- anybody can write and edit the articles, upload pictures, and leave messages for the site administrators; in fact, we encourage doing so. Please, if you have info to add, feel free!
However, we must enforce just a few big rules here.
Speculation is a No
If something isn't in canon, it is speculation. Therefore, please make sure that there is some proof of information before you add it. For example, don't write that Sir Integrahas brothers and sisters just because you heard a rumor of it, instead of taking information from the actual story. "What the fans believe" and similar content is also not acceptable, except if it has been verified by Hirano himself. If you're not sure of the source, the information might be discussed on the article's Discussion page.
This one is quite simple. No purposely messing the page up. For example, you cannot post large pictures of bananas all over Alucard's page.
Keep it Civil!
Please, no hurtful language in discussions with other users. We know that you are probably a very nice person, except when it comes to details about your favorite characters or topic. So, if you must engage in an argument with someone, don't insult them or tell them that they don't know what they're talking about- keep it nice. Or we might have to temporarily ban you.
Related Content Only
This is a wiki for Hellsing. We allow small pages for manga that Kouta Hirano made before Hellsing, because you can see how his later Hellsing characters started to form. You can create pages for those two things. No page for the Dracula movies, no comparisons to Biblical references. Just Hellsing.
Relevancy goes for within the pages themselves, too. If the section of an article describes a character's appearance, you can't jump in and describe what awesome thing they did in Volume 4. We were discussing appearance. Nothing else.
That goes for pictures too
It can't just be a picture of a vampire you found, it's got to be a picture of a vampire shown in Hellsing. Pictures in a specific section are only to be related to the topic of that section. If an article is of a weapon, the pictures in that article are only to be of that weapon, or people using that weapon. At no time are pictures to be posted only because they "look cool".
Well, that's us in a nutshell. If you'd like more info on helping out this wiki, read on.
Official 'Manual of Style'
The Manual of Style is the outline that all "good" articles on the Hellsing Wiki should follow. In the future, it might get its own page, but for now it remains here. Not all articles might be organized in this way at the present, but we will try our best to adhere to them! See it as just another way you can help us.
All articles for a character should not only have a Character infobox, but should have sections organized in this order:
- Introduction paragraph
- Plot (as in, "role in the plot")
- Relationships (optional; usually used with protagonists)
Weapon articles should have a Weapon infobox and should have sections in exactly this order:
- Introduction paragraph- includes primary user and the type of weapon it is
- "Profile"- Includes appearance, and any weapons in the real world that might have inspired it)
- "Usage"- includes how and when the weapon is used in the anime, manga, and/or OVA plot
- Under guns: a "Bullets and Rounds" sub-section
- Known Users
Things you are practically required to do
Note: THIS IS A JOKE. You are not required to do a single thing. However, the admin would really like it if you did just a couple of things...
- Check out the Wanted Pages List. If you're wondering what you can do to help, or just so happen to be in the helping mood, there's plenty of things you can do to help the Hellsing Wiki grow. That's right, YOU (yeah! you!) can make a difference here! Head on over to the Wanted Pages list to see what's up.
- Ask questions! The admin is there for a reason. If you find you need assistance or are confused about what to do, BlazingStar will be happy to clear up any confusion you have on her talk page.
- Read the Main Page. There's a lot of valuable information on the Main Page, and a lot of people miss it because they don't read past the first section or the "Welcome to the Hellsing Wiki!" message. You can learn what we've been doing for the past few months, and how to get started on editing.
- Have FUN, darnit. That's all. Enjoy yourself. That's all we ask.